Saturday, August 05, 2006

A woman doesn't want to be needed. She knows she is needed. A woman wants to be wanted. And when you want her, you need her, as she does you. Need is the sexual part. A need to have you inside me. A need to feel your skin next to me. A need to taste you in my mouth, breath you into my lungs. Need is sexual. Need is human.

Want is all the rest...

Do you want to spend your life with me? Sit together with me at meals. Read the morning paper with me over grouchy pre-coffee conversation. Lounge on the sofa with me on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Do you want to crawl in bed with me and lay your head down next to mine and need me? Do you want to spend your life with me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The feeling of being needed by another, while having your own needs met, is probably what brought all of us human beings here, to begin with.

Wanting, I think, is born of that need.

Today, I thought about what you've written, because these things you've asked, are very close to what I, myself, have been wanting in my life.

I miss that sense of someone needing me; wanting me..and I, giving & receiving love, in return.

Having another, present, in your life: to hold, share, and be one with, is a need,(if you don't mind my saying) we all share.

Thank you, for reminding me.

xx,adam.